Tuesday 13 July 2010

July Mix Tape


Australian garage blues might to be your cup of tea but it certainly is mine. This cover of 'You Stole My Love' - a song made famous by The Mockingbirds - is one that shouldn't be forgotten too quickly.


I was amazed to find that The Fleshtones are still going strong today. I saw them while on holiday in Rome and was amazed by the band's energy and popularity. I was shocked that they didn't play 'The World Has Changed' so here it is for you to enjoy. Possibly the best party band in the world today.

Grandchildren of Nuggets: Atlas Sound - Valley Of The Saroos

Atlas Sound are prime candidates for a mention on Grandchildren of Nuggets merely for re-working 'Valley Of The Saroos' an early Joe Meek's composition taken from the concept album 'I Hear A New World'.

No comments:

Post a Comment